Marine insurance in Canada is governed by the Marine Insurance Act which is modeled on the English Act of 1906.
Over the years we have prepared various papers relating to marine insurance. Links to these papers are provided below. Readers are cautioned that the papers, though current as of the date prepared, are not updated.
- Outline of the Law of Marine Insurance – 2008
- Miscellaneous Marine Insurance Issues – 2007
- Provincial Regulation of Marine Insurance – 2007
- Frequently Asked Questions Relating to Marine Insurance – 2000
- Additional Assureds and Co-Assureds – 2000
- Warranties in Marine Insurance – 1999